As the attention span of our consumers becomes shorter and the use of social media as a marketing tool becomes more effective, it is crucial to stay up to date with the latest social media trends. If you’re feeling a little behind, here are some buzzwords to know if you want to stay on top of the social media game.
- Ephemeral content: Any material that is impermanent, such as Snapchat’s content which lasts for 24 hours and then disappears forever.
- Influencers: People who have influence over potential buyers, who oftentimes use social media to advertise products with recommendations.
- Chat bots: Software that is built to converse in a human-like way to communicate with followers and answer questions.
- Live streaming: Allowing one to broadcast themselves live to increase engagement amongst followers, either through Facebook or Instagram.
- Image recognition: With image recognition tools, brands have the ability to search for pictures related to their brands on social media using artificial intelligence, rather than searching for keywords.
For more on these trends and how they will be useful in 2018, check out this article from AdWeek.